Monday, August 2, 2010

Duck's Stuck by Kyle Mewburn


I am so sorry for the length between blogs. Things have been very up in the air at my house recently nicely rounded off with a bone marrow biopsy for myself yesterday. Not something I ever thought I would need to have done, and certainly not something I am planning to rush back and do again. Now it is just a waiting game for the test results and so I have found that all the things I was procrastinating about before have suddenly become of some importance.

I tried to read the Hugo Cabret book I seriously did, but I just could not get into it. The idea of having pictures and beautiful ones at that in a novel format intrigued me, but it just didn't work for me. I became distracted and lost the plot, so I admit I stopped reading about half way through as I had just had enough. Apologies to anyone who is a major fan, but I don't feel as though I can review it with any justice and I really couldn't finish it. So I'll leave it at that.

Instead I will review a major favourite in this house at the moment and that is Duck's Stuck by Kyle Mewburn. Read on below:

Duck's Stuck by Kyle Mewburn

This bookis just an utter delight. My two year old absolutely adores it, she laughs every time it is read and demands it every night.

It is a story about a duck who sticks his head in a crack in a barn, gorges himself on grain and can't get his head back out again. The other farmyard animals rally around to help and just as they are about to give up, Rat comes along and saves the day.

Kyle Mewburn is the author of Kiss, Kiss, Yuck, Yuck and Old Huhu. I claim him as a Kiwi because he lives here but actually hails from Oz. He is incredibly clever and I can see that this book is such a hit here that we may need to buy a copy for ourselves if we can find it. Love it, love it, love it.


Now just to warn you, because of the ups and downs currently occurring I will more than likely be reviewing picture books quite steadily for the next wee while, they don't tend to need as much focus as novels. Although, after saying that I am currently reading Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief so will undoubtedly review this for next time.

Happy reading ; ).

No comments:

Post a Comment