Thursday, June 24, 2010

Pants by Giles Andreae, illustrated by Nick Sharratt


A new Kids Outlet bookstore has opened up in Onehunga, just up from Toyworld, on the corner. So, me being me, I just had to go and check it out. It was good that I did because I stopped off at Toyworld and discovered they were having a 40% off Schleich sale so needless to say this household now has a few more animals and elves.


Now I feel I must digress a bit here so you can understand what led me to this book. A girl I used to go to school with posted this Youtube clip which is a book called Pants by Giles Andrea, sung by Lenny Henry (G. Andrea is the creator of Purple Ronnie if you are interested). vvvvv bbbb Now my son had watched it months ago and loved it, so when we walked into this bookshop, he saw it and pointed it out to me. It was the only one on the table and I had never seen it before, so I snatched it up, it was quite the bargain I have to say.


Once we got it home it was demanded by both children that I read it, after I had read it through once, my daughter automatically demanded I read it again. It is super cute and the children love the rhyme. As I am also struggling a bit with toilet training at the moment with my eldest, I'm using it to get him excited about wearing underpants.


I think there is an 80% chance that if you have a preschooler in the house or a middle aged man, they will probably find themselves smiling at it : ). Oh, who am I kidding, I love it too. So imagine my excitement when I discovered there is More Pants!!!Finding a copy of this be it from the library or second hand bookshop is my next mission. I love finding books that the kids enjoy so much and demand again and again.




No comments:

Post a Comment